Provide scoring updates and game highlights while you’re at the game! Be one of the first to try out Video BETA in the MaxPreps App for iOS.
Your feedback is important to us!
Good or bad, we want to hear about your experience! Please help us improve Video BETA by sending your feedback to email@example.com.
Video Highlights (BETA) is only available on iOS devices at this time.
Video recording within the MaxPreps App requires the camera, microphone, and photo library to be enabled in your device settings.
Tapping the highlight button will capture the last 15 seconds of video you just recorded and post it to your game log. Your highlight duration can be modified in your app settings.
- Go to Video Settings to choose which clips you want saved to the camera roll on your device.
- Watch a tutorial video
- Download the MaxPreps App for iOS. Make sure you have the latest version (5.0.1 or newer).
- LOG IN to your MaxPreps account with your email and password or select GET STARTED to sign up.
- Click the Search icon (magnifying glass) in the upper right to search for your team.
- Select your level and sport.
- From this page, you will select Schedule and select your game.
- Select the Fan Chat tab (tab will be available 5 minutes prior to game start time).
- You’ll see a video camera icon and a message to post game highlights - select “Try it now”
- If prompted, select "OK" to enable camera, microphone and photo library (this is a one-time step).
- When you open the camera, the app will configure and ask you to rotate to landscape view. Now you’ll be in the recording screen, with an overlay pointing out some of the features.
- Tap the Red button to start recording, and feel free to record as long as you’d like! All of the videos you capture can be stored to your camera roll, so you’ll never lose the video you capture. You can modify this feature in your app settings.
- When you see something fun, exciting or memorable during the game that you want to share, simply tap the Blue button on your screen. We’ll jump back 15-seconds in time and automatically share that moment with everyone following along in your Fan Chat feed! Your jump back time can also be modified in your app settings.
- That's it. When your video posts to the game log, you and all the fans following along will see your game highlight!
Related article: Provide Video Highlights: Mobile Site