Football season is here! Minimize your stress by making sure your MaxPreps and HUDL are set up correctly.
Below are some of the most important things to look at to ensure you don't run into any data syncing issues during your season.
DO NOT MAKE ROSTER EDITS ON THE MAXPREPS END
One of the most common issues coaches encounter is spending time making edits in MaxPreps only to have them all be overwritten and reverted back to the information listed in HUDL. Make any roster edits (Name spelling, height/weight, positions, etc.) in HUDL to avoid this situation and they will sync to MaxPreps.
- On your HUDL team dashboard, hover over Team and select Manage Team.
- Select Public Roster, which is located in the top right section of the page.
- On the left-hand side of the page, make sure the current season is selected.
- For each athlete you would like to sync over to MaxPreps, select Yes. Any athletes that should not be displayed (Alumni, lower level teams, etc.) select No.
Any updates made on the Public Roster in HUDL will show in MaxPreps within 30 minutes to 1 hour. If you have any other questions regarding the Public Roster, check out this HUDL Support Article!
Once you’ve ensured your roster is accurate on HUDL, login to your MaxPreps page to confirm all of your data is accurate.
Athletes Not Syncing Over?
If athletes are not syncing over to MaxPreps, check out the deleted athletes on your MaxPreps roster. If an athlete was previously deleted, you will need to restore them using the following these steps:
- In your Team Admin on MaxPreps, select Roster.
- In the Manage Roster section, click Sort/Filter.
- Check Deleted Players, then hit Apply.
- Any deleted athletes will be displayed in Red. If a deleted athlete needs to be displayed on the MaxPreps roster, click on the blue pencil icon on the right-hand side and select Restore Player.
- Once confirmed, the athlete will now be displayed on MaxPreps. It may take 15-30 minutes for them to appear on the public pages.
To Confirm Your Schedule is Connected to HUDL:
- In your Team Admin on MaxPreps, select Schedule.
- In the Admin Report section, you should see the HUDL icon followed by, "HUDL Connected."
- Just to be extra safe, click Show More for each game on your schedule. Every game should display the same HUDL icon and HUDL connected phrase.
To Confirm Your Roster is Connected to HUDL:
- In your Team Admin on MaxPreps, select Roster .
- Click Show More for each athlete on your roster. Every athlete should display the HUDL icon and HUDL connected phrase.
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding the MaxPreps/HUDL Data Sync, please reach out to our support team by submitting a request and our team will be more than happy to assist you.